'Fast Forward' is a truly unique and distinctive aluminium Cutter, designed by Phil Southwell and custom built by Jacobs Brothers in Cape Town, South Africa for her current, and only, owners. She has been built and kitted out with cruising in mind, her strong and stable design make her comfortable in any sea and perfectly cut out for world cruising.
Her owners have sailed her around the world in the last 10 years, covering over 60,000 nautical miles. She is equipped with everything one could possibly need for cruising, and is capable of self-sufficiency for extended periods of time.
She has a huge inventory, constantly updated and maintained by her current owners. For a full inventory list, please see below.
'Fast Forward' is located in Cape Town, South Africa, awaiting her new owner.
This Jacobs Brothers Aluminium Sailing Yacht is powered by a Perkins ADE 6354 120hp diesel engine, with 26inch VP 3-blade Maxprop propeller with rope cutter. She has a cruising speed of 7 knots at her most economical and a max speed of 9 knots. She has a range of 2000nm. Current engine hours are approximately 4800.
She it fitted with Raycor 900 fuel filters with vacuum gauge, and driven by a Borg Warner Velvet drive aqua drive with PSS shaft seal.
She also comes equipped with a Kohler 7kw diesel generator, a Watermaker capable of 140l/h, Webasto heating, and an electro-hydraulic retractable 18hp Max Power bow thruster. There is Marine Air Vector Turbo reverse cycle air conditioning, with 16,000 BTU in the saloon (2011) and 10,000 BTU in the master cabin.
The engine room had its soundproofing replaced in June 2011.
The boat was re-antifouled in January 2017, and anodes, rudder and propeller were all serviced.
Sails and Rigging
'Fast Forward' is a cutter rigged sloop featuring a triple spreader mast with crows nest by Sparcraft, in Cape Town, South Africa. She has stainless steel standing rigging wire with norseman fittings, replaced in 2008; and Navtec hydraulic backstays.
- Fully battened, slab reefing, 3 reef mainsail from Calibre Sails, New Zealand (2008). Rigged on a Harken battcarr system from 2010.
- Genoa from Calibre Sails, New Zealand (2008), on 52mm Profurl furling system (2010)
- Staysail on Profurl furler
- 190m2 code 3 on a portable Profurl with continuous furling line
- 170m2 light genoa also uses portable Profurl furler
- 200m2 asymmetrical spinnaker with sock
- 280m2 asymmetrical spinnaker with sock
- Sail bags for code 3, light genoa, and asymmetrical spinnakers
- 7.3m spinnaker pole with track and gear on mast
- 4.4m spinnaker pole on deck
- 2m folding bowsprit
Deck Gear on board this Jacobs Brothers Custom Aluminium Yacht is all by Harken, including the following winches:
- 2x 76 3-speed electric Harken winches
- 1x 48 2-speed electric Harken winch
- 1x 53 2-speed electric Harken winch
- 2x 56 2-speed Harken winches
- 4x 46 2-speed Harken winches
- 1x 53 2-speed Harken winch
Her ground tackle includes:
- 45kg CQR
- 55 Fortress
- 40kg Rocna
- 17kg Sand anchor
- Salt water anchor wash
- 100m 10mm hi tensile McKinnon chain
- 80m 10mm hi tensile McKinnon chain
- 2x 10m 10mm hi tensile McKinnon chain
- ¾ inch Nylon line snubber system
- Double stainless steel bow roller with chain stoppers
- Lofrans Titan 2000 watt 24V (bow) (new motor in 2008)
- Lofrans 1200 watt vertical windlass (stern)
Other deck gear includes 16x Antal and spinlock clutches; 2x 100m ¾ inch braid on braid, which can be used for anchor or mooring lines, stored on 2 stainless steel drums; 6x Lockers with stainless steel locks that can be locked; 2x side boarding gates; Stainless steel flagstaff with flag and cover; custom made stainless steel granny bars for safety when working around the mast; Magna Catalina propane BBQ grill; and 2 x 20lb Propane tanks in locker.
The cockpit has a folding aluminium table which has an extension as well as 2 leaves, there is a also a removable folding teak drinks/snacks table that attaches to the cup holder in the cockpit. The cockpit, aft deck and sugar scoop are all laid in teak.
Two stern seats are built into back of stern pulpit (with grey Sunbrella cushions); there is also a teak bow seat; gimballed helm seat and a custom designed Whitlock reverse steering wheel – leather covered.
To the stern is a radar arch which features dinghy hoist, lights, wind generators, antennas and Marco horn.
- 2x Closed cell foam cockpit cushions, covered in grey Texilene
- 4x Large comfortable cushions covered in bright toweling
- 2x Clear vinyl sides with boltrope (that slide into the aluminium hardtop/bimini) (Aug 2011)
- 2x Vision Tex sides (for shade) with boltrope (Aug 2011)
- 2x Shade cloth sides with boltrope for the back of the cockpit (Aug 2011)
- 1x Weighted mosquito net which covers the entire cockpit
- Two fixed clear Perspex windows in dodger
- Crescent shaped Strata Glass zippered window in centre of dodger
- Hatch covers for all deck hatches, light grey Sunbrella (2011)
- Winch covers, light grey Sunbrella (2011)
- Covers for widows in coachroof
- 3x Custom made rope covers with vents, light grey (2011)
- Mainsail cover, light grey and black Sunbrella (2008
Accommodation on board this Jacobs Brothers Aluminium Cutter is provided within 3 cabins.
Aft is an incredibly spacious master suite, featuring a centreline queensized bed, plentiful storage cupboards and drawers, and an ensuite bathroom with a bath tub and shower.
Forward are two single cabins, split by a central screen which can be removed to form a single twin cabin. There is also another bathroom forward.
There is an additional quarter berth cabin, with storage provided.
Saloon and Galley
The interior of this Aluminium Sailing Yacht by the Jacobs Brothers, is finished in Canadian maple, with cream vinyl headlining and cream leather upholstery.
The saloon features a C-shaped sofa area with a custom made circular dining table, with plentiful space for formal dining with 8 guests.
The full-length galley is extremely practical, featuring Onyx Staron countertops and under-counter lighting. The galley is well-equipped with double stainless steel sinks; Force 10 4-burner gimballed stove with oven and extractor; Sharp carousel microwave; over-counter Danfoss refrigerator 130l; Top-loading Danfoss freezer (2008); opening portlights; 2x cutlery drawers; over-counter crockery storage; Hella fan; hot and cold pressurised water with mixer tap. There is also a AEG Lavamat 240 automatic washing machine.
Electrical equipment on board this Jacob Brothers Custom 62ft Aluminium Sailing Yacht includes:
- Victron inverter 200W
- Mastervolt inverter 2500W (2009)
- House batteries 1000a/h 24v battery bank (2015)
- 12v batteries 220amp for radios and generator (2017)
- 24v 220amp engine battery (2017)
- Mastervolt 24v 100amp battery charger (2012)
- Mastervolt 24v DC - 12v DC battery charger
- Victron 12v 50amp battery charger
- 4x 55W solar panels
- 2x Superwind wind generators 350w/24v (new super quiet blades in 2011)
- Balmar 24v 125amp dual-output alternator
- Isolation transformer 220v/110v for shore power
- Isolation transformer and step up transformer
- Shore inlet, cables and adapters.
Entertainment equipment includes:
- Teac DVD player with surround sound system (saloon)
|Total Engine Power:||120.0 hp|
|Engine Make/Model:||Perkins/ADE 6354|
|Propeller Type:||3 Blade|
|Fuel Capacity:||2000 Liter|
|Holding Tank Capacity:||300 Liter|
|Water Capacity:||2000 Liter|
|Max Speed:||9 knots|
|Cruising Speed:||7 knots|